Last Updated on May 1, 2021 by Ava
Last Updated – 05/01/2021
Hi, I’m Ava. I’ve been working online now both part and full-time since 2006. The Internet is an amazing tool that gives anyone who has access everything they need to create a business for themselves.
I spent a year exploring many of those possibilities with The Candid Cashflow Podcast.
I’m completely self-taught. My background is in graphic design, but it’s not what I’m best at. I started online in the service realm writing articles in 2006.
That same year, I landed a job as a technical writer for a large equipment rental company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. That was HUGE for me because my official job title then included “writer”. That’s what I became.
Since that time, I’ve written tons of online content as well as blogs and books for both others and myself. Being completely self-taught means that I’ve often found avenues that cost me time rather than money.
My main focus since 2014 has been helping independent authors publish books on Amazon and other platforms. I’ve worked with more than 20 authors and self-publishers since then to help them realize their dreams of getting published and making money from their writing.
I have a specialized skill set that is really difficult to explain. Out of necessity, I’ve figured out how to build assets for my business while not investing a ton of money.
Really, the only thing I’m not so great at is selling myself. This website is my attempt at doing that because underneath it all, I really want to help you succeed online. Contact me and let’s chat about how I can help you do that!
If you’d like to know more, I’ve attempted to provide you with sufficient information. Hover your cursor over the About Me link in my navigation above:
You can find out more details about the work I do around here as well. If you don’t see what you’ve looking for, you can always shoot me a quick email. I may know someone who can help if I can’t!
A Little More About Ava
- When I’m not working online, I enjoy a wide array of hobbies and interests. I’m pretty okay at drawing, but it’s not a necessity for me like writing. I have done a lot of dabbling in art over the years and I went to college for graphic design, but my talents lie more in traditional art.
- I’m also pretty crafty and I like to make all sorts of things. I have a 3D printing pen that I enjoy, I like to make shrink plastic crafts, I’m a hot glue wizard, I also like Perler bead crafts as well.
- I am a lifelong learner. As you might imagine, it takes a lot of ongoing education to keep up with the constant changes of the online landscape. I recently began doing a lot of reading on Kindle to learn new things and keep my skills up to date.
- I love to work on computers and I could totally see myself either building custom computers or refurbishing old machines and reselling them.
- I mod and resell Nintendo 3DS systems. That is such a fun hobby and it’s profitable as well.
- My Pinterest account gets more than 1.5 million monthly views.
- I love Jesus and read the Bible almost daily.
- One of my more recent interests is Virtual Reality. I have an Oculus Quest 2 and I have mainly been using it for beginning and maintaining a fitness routine.
- I have two cats, Bebop and Leo. Leo is a really special guy and he’s been my absolute sanity the last couple of years.
- My mother suffered a stroke during routine surgery in late 2018, and I have been helping care for her ever since.
- I have two siblings, an older brother, Bruce, who is 12 years my senior. A second brother died a day after he was born.
I guess that’s about it.