Last Updated on December 1, 2023 by Ava
Hey there, so you want to know how to start a podcast or you want some help with your existing show?
Amazing. I can help.
Podcast Virtual Assistant Services
What can I do for you?
I can help with all aspects of production for your show. I can do everything from help you get set up from square one to uploading episodes. Here’s a breakdown of services you may be interested in:
- Podcast Graphics – You’ll need a logo for your podcast, and I can help you create one.
- Podcast Music – I can help you find some royalty-free music or edit a clip of music you have the rights to use
- Audio Editing – I can produce your audio for you in any audio format you choose. I can clean up noise and level out your volume for a great listening experience.
- Scripting – Have a topic, but need a script? Let me write one for you. I can format it so you can read it verbatim or as a list of bullet points to guide you.
- Scheduling – If you plan to have guests on your podcast, you may need help coordinating those virtual meetings
- Planning – Let’s put together a plan for your show that you can easily manage around your schedule.
- Monetization – Let’s explore monetization opportunities and and put together a portfolio of promotions you can dip into again and again.
- Podcast Uploading – I can upload your show to your audio host
- Show Notes – I can help with transcription or just a highlight reel of your show that your listeners can download in PDF format
- Distribution – I can help you get your podcast everywhere! Imagine your show on platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, iHeartRADIO, and many more!
- Content Repurposing – Are you a YouTuber looking to expand your audience? Podcasts are a great way to do that. In fact, ask me how you can repurpose your content to get more mileage on your efforts!
- Clips – Let’s create some vertical video clips that can be uploaded to TikTok, Reels, Pinterest, and YouTube Shorts!
- Optimized Titles and Descriptions – Let’s put your keywords to work for you and increase your discoverability.
- WordPress Websites – I always encourage my podcast clients to create a place for their podcast to live on their own website rather than relying on their audio host or some other platform. That way you can control how your podcast and links are presented to your audience and capture your audience, which brings me to…
- Email Marketing – This is also a specialty of mine. Let’s get you up and running with email and automate it so it’s easier to manage. You’ll have an audience waiting each time you release a new episode.
If you’re ready to expand your reach, I can help you.
I had one friend take the information I gave her on how to start a podcast and present me with her first episode 20 minutes later. It really is that easy.
Why Hire Ava As Your Podcast Virtual Assistant?
I want to keep this super simple: hire me because I can help you get your podcast up, running, and distributed on all the major platforms in the shortest amount of time.
Besides that, I can show you free options, cheap options, and paid options so that you can make an informed decision about how you want to present your show.
I pay attention to the details and I keep up with what’s happening in the podcasting community. I make it my business to know cool things like if your podcast is available via Amazon’s Alexa smart speakers.
So if you’re looking for a podcast virtual assistant who can save you time and get your podcast everywhere, I’m the one.
What Can a Podcast Do For You?
A podcast can put you in touch with a whole new audience. This is particularly important if you’re a YouTuber, or have built an audience in some other content format.
Podcasts compete with traditional radio. As radio audiences slowly decline over time, podcast audiences have increased. (Source)
Podcasting by the Numbers
When I started my own podcast in 2018, there were roughly 400,000 podcasts. That number is now more than 3 million.
In the U.S., the number of people who listen to podcasts weekly is expected to exceed 100 million by the end of the year reaching roughly 1/3 of the population.
The majority (73%) consume podcasts using their smartphone.
The podcasting advertising market is currently valued at $3.46 billion.
Here are some other important stats to consider:
- 73% of podcasts have a website
- 51% produce a video version of their podcast
- 8% have a forum or Discord server to connect directly with their audience
Did you know that most of the top-ranked podcasts have a single host? While diversifying with guests can create a dynamic experience for your listeners, it’s certainly not a requirement.
Are you having trouble decided what to create a podcast about? 1 in 5 of the top-ranked podcasts cover multiple topics.
The most popular topics are:
- True Crime
- Self-Help and Relationship
…in that order.
The majority of top-ranked podcasts release a show roughly once a week. So, if you want to know what it takes to become a top-ranked podcast, here’s a huge list of them that you can sample from and see what you’re up against.
Who Should Consider Starting a Podcast
I never aspired to do radio or anything like that in my life, but when I realized that I could use a podcast to build my authority as effectively as video, I knew I wanted to try it.
I thought about it for a solid 2 years. Then a deal on a mic pushed me to get started.
Here I was with this shiny new microphone. It was time to put it to use!
I have helped several clients start a podcast. The majority of them have been YouTubers who were looking to expand their audience by repurposing their video content into audio.
If a good number of your videos are you talking rather than demonstrating how to do something, then they make decent podcast content. Add a little theme music, a pre-recorded intro, a well-crafted title and description…BOOM! You have a podcast.
I have a client who conducted live interviews on Facebook, and those made great podcasts.
I have another client in the spirituality space, who started creating from scratch and has done quite well with her content.
If you’re thinking about getting into podcasting, do it!
When Should You Consider Hiring a Podcast Virtual Assistant?
Well, that’s entirely up to you and your budget.
Podcasting has a pretty low barrier to entry. It doesn’t cost a lot to get started. In fact, if you have a smartphone, you can start FREE.
You can hire a podcast virtual assistant at any stage of the process. If you’re not great with graphics, then you’ll probably need help from the start to get your show set up on whatever platform you choose.
It might be a while before you choose to hire a podcast virtual assistant and that’s okay too.
Are You Ready?
If this is something you’ve been thinking about for a while, I bet you’re excited. I know I was when I started. I did 3 episodes my first week so I could get distribution to Apple Podcast right away!
Podcasting is fun and fulfilling. Don’t get me wrong, it’s also A LOT of hard work, but it’s rewarding work.
If you want to know what else I do, you can find more about what I do here.
You can contact me and ask me anything you like. Simply visit my Contact Form and fill it out to send me a direct email.