In this article...
<<<<<< Is that you when it comes to book marketing?
What about building your author platform?
Author platform and book marketing are not the same things.
Your website, social media, email list...that's your platform.
Networking, posting, building relationships, getting reviews, that's marketing and promotion.
There are a lot of gray areas.
Let's see if we can clear some of this up and give you some tools!
I Can't Market Your Book for You...
That's a full-time job that requires intimate knowledge of your book, genre, audience, and every other aspect of your business.
YOU are the only one with that intimate knowledge, and the only one who can market your books.
You should question people who tell you they can market your book. Most likely they are just building platform infrastructure.
Sure, you can hire people to do aspects of marketing for you, but that's only one piece of a giant puzzle.
So, why do I have this marketing page selling marketing stuff on my website?
This is mostly platform.
These assets that I build for you as elements of your platform have a two-fold purpose. They also serve as guides to help you market and promote your books.
For example, if you purchase my Keywords and Categories package, you'll be using the assets I provide for you during the publishing process.
If you purchase my Book Launch package, you'll be using the assets to plan and execute your next book launch.
I get it. We all just want to plug our books into a "system" that will automatically churn out sales. It doesn't exist.
Sales are the direct result of your consistent hard work. I can only guide you.
To that end, I have carefully crafted these packages for you.
See something you like? Shoot me an email. All payments for these packages are due up front and I'll send you an invoice via PayPal.
Keywords and Categories (Amazon)
Upon purchase of this package, I will research your keywords and categories using Publisher Rocket.
This package is applicable to any and all self-publishers who are publishing in any genre using Amazon KDP.
- 7 keywords using as much of the 50-character limit for each slot as possible (based on this information from the Kindlepreneur)
- Up to 4 categories (Yes, I know there's only space for 2, but did you know you can email KDP and request to be added to up to 4 categories?)
- An optimized book description (Yep, we're going to include your keywords naturally in the copy.)
- Optimized title and subtitle (We will suggest a title and subtitle that is optimized to sell your book.)
I will explore your entire platform and book catalog looking for areas where quick improvements will result in more sales.
This package is applicable to any independent author looking for how they can improve their sales.
- Actionable steps for areas where you can improve quickly and easily
- Best practices to help you generate more book sales
- A detailed plan to help you get your platform in order so that you can promote your books more effectively
Book Launch Package
Let's get to work. An effective book launch takes effort. Make quick work of it with this detailed checklist and much more for an explosive launch!
This package is applicable to any independent author planning to release a new book.
- Email series for your autoresponder announcing and promoting your new book - 3 custom emails to let your subscribers know about your upcoming release
- 25 Social media posts - including blurb and hashtags. Just copy/paste and insert your universal books links. (Need universal book links? I'll tell you how and where to get them free.)
- 75+ Mockups you can use everywhere
- List of relevant hashtags tailored to your genre
- Book launch checklist
Reviews are important, but they aren't everything. Your strategy for getting reviews should appeal to those who have read your book.
This package is applicable to any and all self-publishers looking to increase the review count on existing books or upcoming releases. You should have an email list.
- Special review links for all of your books
- Review request copy for inside your books
- An email series for your autoresponder imploring your audience to write a review - 3 custom emails to build rapport with your readers so they want to leave a review